Monday, May 16, 2011

The Unexpected Return of Spike Witwicky!

"Hey gang! Have you seen Bumblebee around? I was hoping we could hang... huh? Who the hell is Sam?!"

Today I bought my first DOTM figures, Backfire and Icepick from the Human Alliance Scout class series. This series combines gimmicks from the Human Alliance and Power Core Combiners lines. Just like the bigger Human Alliance figures, these Scouts come with a human partner who can interact with them and just like Power Core Combiners, they are triple changers with a third mode devoted to interacting with other toys. The connection isn't as farfetched as you may think because Icepick's bio states that he is the very same character from the PCC series!


"The only thing preventing us from being the G.I. Joe/Transformers Crossovers series fans have been dreaming of is a logo!"

I plan on picking up the other two figures in the first wave soon, but what made me get these guys first is ironically their human companions. Spike and Sergeant Chaos (yes, that IS his real name) don't look as horrible as the usual Human Alliance partner figures tend to be. They're a tampograph away from being G.I. Joe figures! I dare you to take a look at Sergeant Chaos and tell me he doesn't look like a Cobra Viper.

With a name like Sergeant Chaos, how could he NOT be working for Cobra?

Of the two I picked up, Icepick is my favorite. I love his fencing mask head sculpt and all three of his modes are wicked, but it's his chainsaw weapon mode for Leader class figures that won me over.

If you're disappointed that DOTM isn't turning out the world class sculpts that made ROTF so great or if you're going to miss PCC, then do yourself a favor and pick up a couple of these guys. There are four figures in the first wave and they all look amazing! Expect full reviews soon!

2 comments:

Mattersmasher said...

Sergeant Chaos? Sold. I liked what I had seen of Icepick already, but Sergeant Chaos? Yes. I like how with these HA humans they've opted for masks and not faces, it's good not to have to look at some googly-eyed mini sex-doll look-alike!

MrVash104 said...

i like the spike and maybe ill get ice pick

Post a Comment