Saturday, May 7, 2011

Pictorial Review: TFA Autobot Jazz



Ladies and Gents I submit to you TFA: Autobot Jazz. I recently picked him up off of TFW2005 Junkion Exchange in a bundle and I have to say. I am quite impressed with this figure. The reason I picked him up is because as a child I thought Jazz was the bee's knees, and upon reviewing my collection I only possessed my two G1 Jazz(s) and felt I needed more of him. Upon ordering him I was a bit skeptical but now that I possess him, I have to say I really do enjoy him.

His construction is great, he fits together well with very little noticeable lines with the exception of the line down the middle, but I barely even notice it because of the detail throughout the Alt mode itself. He has a ton of great paint apps all over him, much more than his HFTD: Special Ops Jazz counterpart. Only Issue I see is that his wheels are a bit loose, but other than that his ALT mode is amazing!
Jazz's Bot mode is spectacular! He has some really nice articulation and great detail throughout the bot mode itself. Including an awesome Gimmick with his exhaust pipes. They turn into nun-chucks giving him a nasty Ninja Style! His knees and feet both move and angle as they should giving you many opportunities to pose him in some serious heroic poses! I really dig his chest details. His bluescent headlights are just killer, and his Autobot symbol stands out to show he is truly Optimus' Lieutenant!

And when it comes to light piping I think he stands up with the best of his counterparts in the Deluxe class genre of Transformers. He has a smaller version of Voyager class Seaspray, and I do feel as though he pulls it off rather well.


All and All I feel as though this figure pulls it off. His transformation is very intuitive and fun! Simple yes, but a lot of fun to get him into either mode. I recommend him to anyone who is into the Animated Series, and even if you're not into the TFA figure line, he is a nice addition to a collection!

4 comments:

Thew said...

Agreed, man, TFA Jazz is a lovely thing - one of the better Animated figures and one of the better Jazz figures. I love that his car mode is so squishy and compact, yet his robo mode is like a billion miles tall. Animated was great for that!

Anonymous said...

Jazz is awesome. Gotta appreciate nun-chucks on anything.

BuddhaCon said...

I totally dig him! And I'm in love with bulkhead... He's super fun to transform.. I never thought I'd be into the animated line. But they are fast growing on me!

Mattersmasher said...

Jazz is one of the best, I would recommend Blurr and Rodimus as other good cars. I think the Starscream mould is the only true duffer.

Post a Comment