Thursday, May 26, 2011

Modding: Laser Prime Repaint - Oooh...shiny!

I busted out the Gunmetal spray this time and gave the hands, wrists, elbow joints, inside arm-panels and shoulders a blast, but now I have a question for you, dear readers...


What I would like to know is this; given that the colour scheme is a lot darker than the original and given that Tamiya Clear Red is a nightmare to paint with, do you think that leaving the windows orange would hurt the final look of the figure? I'm also a little concerned that the chest Matrix will be rendered invisible if I tint the cab windows any darker.

So please let me know in the comments!

-Mattersmasher

4 comments:

Freddery said...

The repaint really demands evil windows, perhaps an alternative? Like plain ol' purple or, if you're feeling saucy, green! Everyone knows those guys are the devil's work.

Unknown said...

Hmm not sure about that one, it needs the red windows but like you say it mite hide the chest Matrix UNLESS you could take the chest apart and paint that so it stands out more?

Moriarty said...

I think the orange looks fine myself, but I agree with ToMo in that the Matrix needs to be emphasised more. May I suggest highlighting it's details with a very white silver?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I think the orange looks fine. It never suited G2 Prime since it's kind of an evil color and G2 Prime is suppose to have blue light-piping anyway.

Post a Comment