Tuesday, May 10, 2011

DOTM Scan Series: a see-thru pre-view

While we're on the subject of light piping, check out this weird new gimmick from the upcoming Dark of the Moon line! Named simply "The Scan Series" and probably set to be a Toys R Us exclusive, these half-transparent movie-verse Deluxes are decoed to represent the 'Bots at the moment of acquiring their alt-modes.

SCHERGZ!
(That's the noise that scanning makes. "Schergz".)


Come on, how frickin' cool is that?! I was never a fan of the fully see-through toy (Crystal Convoy, Ghost Starscream) but somehow these ludicrous midway things have got me pretty pumped! Half regular, half lightpiping, and with a smash of Allspark blue that gives off a wonderful "50% complete..." vibe which appeals to me for some reason.

Seems like the gimmick doesn't interfere with the robot mode too much - most of Ironhide's 'bot form looks awesome as ever, but it does sort of look like he's not wearing any trousers.

"Don't come in! I'm not ready!"

What do we think, fellas? Love it, hate it? Who else do you want to see captured forever in mid-scan? Will there be any DOTM toys that aren't ruled over by some gimmick or other?

Credit once again goes to Kapow Toys for bringing this boneriffic news to our attention!

8 comments:

MrVash104 said...

why didnt they do one with skywarp and call it transwarping ?

Mattersmasher said...

I do like how Ironhide's clear parts mean he has the solid chest and slimmer looking legs :)

BuddhaCon said...

I like it.. something sexy about the whole clear plastic bits...

exillionXLR said...

Hmmmm I'm yet undecided on whether i like these. I definitely like sideswipe more but hmmmmmmmm The agony of choice....

BuddhaCon said...

I mean the Alt modes are a bit off putting at first, but they seem to grow on you like a nasty fungi or rash...

exillionXLR said...

There's just something about the way they look that is intriguing to the eye...probably all that clear plastic goodness

MontanaVista said...

They don't look as clear as the most recent Ghost Starscream, which is good. That would be too translucent I think. Im curious, would like to see them in person. Who am I kidding!?!?! I want them!

Anonymous said...

Do want. Especially Ironhide.

Post a Comment