Sunday, May 8, 2011

Making a custom Mindset...out of Mindset!

So I bought a Hailstorm and I love it, he's one of my all time favourites. Then I saw the Japanese Autobot Alliance one and got all jealous. And [I]then[/I], I bought Mindset and swapped out all the light grey parts for the dark grey ones. Result!


So I was left with a big pile o' parts and I needed to do something with them...



...then I found this:

http://a-loft-on-cybertron.deviantart.com/art/Mindset-54112050

And as a result, I decided to customise Mindset into himself! Here's the work so far:


As you can see, I'm trying to simplify and 'blockify' him to make nice flat G1 surfaces and hide all the fiddly movie-ish details. I'll update as I go, let me know what you all think.

-Mattersmasher

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You should do a tutorial about using styrene! You know, for the people who are nubile and unknowing. Definitely not like me.

Mattersmasher said...

Well there's not a lot to it, but I suppose I could try to capture how I work with it. When you say "nubile" I just think of, like, women standing in lakes. I think Fantasy books messed me up as a kid.

Unknown said...

Messed you up or perfected you? This is the 21st century, if a mildly uncommon word doesnt make you think of a women in lakes, then something vital was missing from your upbringing.

Unknown said...

"a women in lakes"...the tragedy of public schools

BuddhaCon said...

Loving it bro.. looking good!

Post a Comment