Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mindset Mod Update: G1 windows and inner leg detail

Ok, today's busy spell has yielded the following results:

First up is a quick 'n' dirty photo-mash of Smoulder's head on Mindset's body. I'm worried it'll be too big, but at the very least I can nick the lightpiping part.

Actually, it looks like my fears are unfounded:

Next is my progress filling in some of the inside-leg detail. I found some Green Stuff to use instead of the styrene...with "interesting" results;
One of the main things today was blanking out the silly, hollow windows on the cab:
I also blanked out the gaps in the missile launcher:

And finally I altered the sticky-uppy knee piece (seen here on Hailstorm) so that it fits with the rest of the alt mode
I'll update as I go, at this rate he'll be ready in no time!

5 comments:

BuddhaCon said...

I'm digging it hardcore.. i may just have to send you some parts and have you make me one! lol

MontanaVista said...

Ohhhh wow. That head looks great on Mindset, doesn't it!?

Mattersmasher said...

My PCC Smoulder is now decapitated! When the one arrives from Brent, he can have his head back ;)

Anonymous said...

That head is surprisingly fitting.

Anonymous said...

You've made such progress in such timely manner. I'm impressed with your general work. Please review him and pimp him with plenty of photos and insightful commentary.

Post a Comment