Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Pictorial Review: RotF Knock Out

The Revenge of the Fallen Scout class toys are now widely known for being of a consistently high standard, but despite that I never really bought many of them. Perhaps my aversion to Legends figures clouded my judgement?  I think it's time to put them to the test with little Knock Out here:

A tidy, compact motorbike is what he is and very nice, too! There's basically no visible robot and no gaps either. The addition of little details like the handlebars and speedometer and the flash of silver on the exhaust make this alt. mode look complete and finished, rather than half-arsed. His only weakness is gravity, he simply will not stand on his own and no kickstand is provided and that is just daft.


In his robot mode, Knock Out is very cool, he looks sneaky and stealthy and sort of like he has a superhero mask. I can imagine this guy making a fairly good Rattrap somehow. He does have the cheaty gun-hand, but it looks nice so I don't mind at all. The shoulder-wheel halves are at least decorative and not as much of a "eh, just bung 'em somewhere" as some bike modes, but he does carry the entire front wheel on his back; it tucks away nicely and is not obtrusive at all.

The transformation is very cool, though the large leg-panels tend to fall off. The front cowling splitting and clicking down to make the chest is very satisfying indeed and the legs just unfold out of the bike without being made of engine bits. Perhaps the only negative is that he is not a likely looking Autobot, but maybe he's just a ninja!


Super Punch Out:
Great bike mode
Fun transformation
Cute bot mode
No wasted space or parts
Good detail for his size

Taking a dive:
Bike mode cannot stand unaided
Not very Autobot-ish
Leg panels can fall off a lot


The Bottom Line
Price: £7 shelf price, more like £2 on eBay
Location: Might still be found shelf warming, but mostly seen online.
Vehicle Mode: 9/10
Robot Mode: 8/10
Overall: 8.5/10 

-Mattersmasher

7 comments:

MrVash104 said...

i have two of the colors of him and i like the mold and i got mine to stand in bike mode

Mattersmasher said...

Well hello Mr. Smartypants! How did you get him to stand and which other repaint do you have? I HUNGER FOR THESE FACTS.

Pedro Henrique Leal said...

That is kinda weird, Mattersmasher... mine just stands perfectly in bike mode (And I do mean PERFECTLY, I can't make the darn thing fall), while in robot mode, it is a daily struggle to pose him, as he falls down if I as much as look at him wrong...

He is awesome though

Mattersmasher said...

I am backwards boy! Err...I mean, !yob sdrawkcab ma I

Anonymous said...

I think I'm gonna cave and buy Backfire.

MrVash104 said...

idk why but both of mine in bike mode where kinda more bulky so it just stands on its engin block lol

MrVash104 said...

and i took some pics of him standing in bike mode ? ill message u on fullmetal

Post a Comment