Monday, May 16, 2011

Mindset Mod Update: Getting the German look

After some deliberation, I have totally removed the face plate and started again, it's not finished, but I am happier with it already, plus now he has a jaw! The real work is around the sides where I have been layering styrene sheet and have filed and sanded it into a curved lip to emulate the WWII German helmet motif. It looks weird now due to the mis-matched black and white, but it should all come together nicely in the end:



5 comments:

exillionXLR said...

Ahh now i see it!

Mattersmasher said...

Sorry that the pictures are a little crappy, but that's my crappy camera for you!

Anonymous said...

I think the nose section needs to be a bit narrower. Maybe it's just me, but I think it spread the two eye sections too far apart as is. Other than that I think it is looking fantastic!

Mattersmasher said...

Admittedly, he does look a bit wide of schnozz, but once I've cut the mouthplate back in, it'll look better. I've bevelled the edges, too.

BuddhaCon said...

i think he is going to look awesome when it's all finished! :)

Post a Comment