Thursday, April 28, 2011

Orange Slice

"It's orange, only twisted."

I just picked up this sexy orange HFTD Oil Pan on clearance at Target. He was hidden behind a swarm of Insecticons. Oil Pan is a repaint of ROTF Brakedown and he is quite obviously meant to be a homage to Micromaster Skystalker.



Orange with purple is the sexiest color combination after purple with black and blue with another shade of blue.

The bio on the back of his packaging describes him as a murderous speed freak who uses human traffic as shielding against Autobot attacks. Poor Billy was terribly excited when his parents surprised him with a family trip to Disney World, but then Oil Pan came along. Now Billy eats paste from a tube and looks forward to death.

Evil shade of purple? Check. Red burning eyes of pure evil? Check. Evil monkey proportions? Check.

This isn't really a review since I'm not being objective. I just wanted to wax lyrical about this guy.

5 comments:

Thew said...

I fancy a Calippo!

MontanaVista said...

Hmmm, I like this guy! I had purchased Brakedown (ROTF repaint) awhile ago, and enjoyed the mold overall, but Brakedown was just over the board white!! Oil Pan looks like a much better version. What is with the limp handshake-hands on this mold...?

BuddhaCon said...

I do like this repaint! I may just have to pick it up! The Arms do remind me of Mindset and Hailstorm... Weird monkey low shoulders.. hmm

Anonymous said...

Callipo!

I do prefer Oil Pan over Brakedown, but both are gorgeous.

Mattersmasher said...

Panned!

Post a Comment