Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Brentroduction

So hey, this is a thing that is happening now!

I'm not as well known as my fellow contributors because I'm just a bizarre American who decided to throw a bunch of Beast Wars figures at Thew, who then started reviewing them and linking his viewers to my channel, which is how I came into contact with the others.

Remember, the first rule of Beast Wars Club is to convert non-believers!

The best method to introduce one's self to other fans is to answer the most basic of questions. Nobody has the same answers and it allows us to understand who we are as fans. For instance, you can probably guess how long someone has been into Transformers if you ask them what was their first figure. You can get an idea of which shows were their favorites by knowing which characters standout to them personally.

Getting to know a fellow fan is an awkward session of speed dating. With that in mind, I apologize for my attire. My friends didn't tell me we were coming here tonight.

What interests you about Transformers?
If I were to look at a Transformers figure objectively and asked to pick one word to describe it, then the answer would be puzzle. These figures are puzzles. Most of us don't bother with instructions because we enjoy the mental stimulation that comes with solving the transformation. That was what got me hooked on Beast Wars figures when I was younger. Sure the toys themselves looked cool, but purchasing the next challenge was always exciting! They're the greatest puzzle games of all time because they turn into robots instead of portraits of horses and rainbows.

Who was your first Transformer?
G1 Headmasters Fangry. I remember when my mother bought him for me as plain as day and when I finally found a replacement just recently it was like picking up a lost shard of childhood innocence. You can never look at your first Transformer objectively, it is impossible. Your first Transformer is the only flawless figure you will ever own and Fangry is just that.

Who are your top 5 favorite characters?
1. Fangry
2. Rampage (BW)
3. Ratchet
4. Prowl
5. Waspinator

Autobots or Decepticons?
Autobots, because they tend to have more variety with their alt-modes.

What is your favorite gimmick?
Headmasters, because it's just so unique and different. Nothing about it makes any sense of course, but I cannot resist them.

Which show is your favorite?
Beast Wars is what got me collecting Transformers and I will forever champion that series as what set the modern standards for the franchise.

Do you think you have a better understanding of who I am as a fan now? I bet you do and I look forward to sharing our mutual addiction to awkwardly hunting for plastic crack in children's toy aisles.

1 comments:

Lt. Col. F. June Ruiz said...

Love it! I stole a little from yours to put in mine! :D

Post a Comment